Developer in Tests
Coiote IoT Device Management is a platform for managing IoT devices using the LwM2M Protocol. It allows for performing functions such as reading/writing of parameters, firmware upgrade, device parameter monitoring, and executing any programmable workflow. Operations on devices can be performed in bulk and the entire application runs in a high-availability cluster.
- Scope of responsibilities/tasks:
- Implementing and maintaining GUI test framework.
- Supporting the development team in writing good, maintainable automated tests with good coverage.
- Improving release process.
- Maintaining the tests environment.
- Writing and maintaining the database of automated and manual test cases.
- Performing regression tests.
- Performing migration tests.
Typical working day:
- Implementing automated tests for critical functionalities.
- Developing test framework.
- Supporting development team in writing automated tests for new functionalities.
- Daily 15 minute stand-up (status)
- On the day before the sprint closing we analyze the tasks prepared for the next sprint – 1 hour meeting
- On the day of the sprint end two 2 hour meetings are held, summing up the sprint being closed and planning the next
- At the end of the one-week sprint, a maximum of 3 hours of Scrum meetings (sprint summary, analysis and estimation of tasks for the next sprint).
- Whole team collaboration to achieve a shared sprint goal.
The technologies we use:
Scala, Java 8, Selenium, MongoDB, Redis, Kafka, Spring, Vaadin, JGroups, Docker, Kubernetes and Jenkins in infrastructure part.
Who we are looking for:
- Higher education (preferred areas: telecommunications, teleinformatics or information technology)
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar position, including:
- Min. 1 years of experience with JVM
- Min. 1 years of commercial experience
- Knowledge of technologies for frontend testing, for example Selenium Web Driver
- Knowledge of network protocols: IP, TCP, UDP, HTTP, SSH,
- Knowledge of databases (NoSQL is a plus), system design, object-oriented programming, algorithms and data structures, Unix
- Knowledge of English at B2 level or above
- Readiness for action and initiative
Nice if you have:
- Knowledge of Scala.
- Experience in telco industry.
- Work experience:
- with network protocols (IP, TCP, UDP, HTTP, SSH)
- with SNMP, MQTT, CoAP, IPv6, TLS
- Security specialization
- Knowledge of Git.
- Basic knowledge of MongoDB.
What we offer:
- Technical challenges and skills improvement:
- High-availability product in a distributed, multi-server architecture that supports millions of devices.
- In-depth, hands-on experience with multiple network protocols and telecommunications domain.
- Internal Scala trainings and in-team product and technology trainings.
- Team and staff:
- Limited staff rotation - team includes senior employees with 3-8 years of experience in the company.
- Company transparency - awareness of the whole process and of what other teams deal with, and how development combines with business.
- Technical autonomy and real impact on the product and process.
- Many career paths and employee development options:
- Technical specialization (programming, internal libraries, training).
- DevOps (internal infrastructure, production deployment containerization).
- Project / Product Management and business orientation.
And everything you need to work effectively:
- A competitive salary.
- A relaxed work atmosphere – no dress code, no open space.
- Flexible working hours.
- Training classes and conferences.
- Kitchen full of snacks and treats.
- Car parking area and bike room.