Frontend (to be Scala) Developer
We are an autonomous team of full-stack Scala developers in the R&D department. We work on a lot of libraries, both internal (services monitoring engine, web components library) and external (https://udash.io/). In cooperation with other teams @AVSystem, e.g. UMP (https://www.avsystem.com/products/unified-device-management-platform/) and Coiote IoT Data Orchestration (https://www.avsystem.com/products/coiote-iot-do/) we mostly create solutions for IoT and Telco clients.
100% of our code is peer-reviewed (we test most of it!) and a lot of it is shared as open-source. You can meet us at tech conferences and meetups such as KSUG, Scalar, ScalaSphere where we showcase our work.
Required skills and experience:
- grounded knowledge of SPAs
- understanding of algorithms, data structures and general programming principles
- willingness to learn Scala & Scala.js
- basics of computer networks
- fluency in English
Nice to have:
A bit of Scala (or other JVM language), OOP, Typescript, Kafka, MongoDB or other NoSQL databases.
What do we offer:
- Impact on product vision - you will have a say in deciding on key aspects of the product.
- Influence on technology - you will take part in choosing (and developing!) the technologies we use in our projects.
- A chance to develop software which supports millions of devices each day.
- Internal Scala trainings, product and technology trainings.
- End-to-end work with the product - from coding, through testing, deployment, and profiling applications on production to observe the long-term impact of technical decisions.
- Multiple employee development options - you shape your career and we are here to help.
And everything you need to work effectively:
- A competitive salary.
- Flexible working hours.
- Remote work when you need it.
- Kitchen full of snacks and treats.
- Car parking area and bike room.
- Trainings and conferences.
- A relaxed work atmosphere – no dress code, no open space.
Get to know us:
Dawid Dworak is a Principal Software Engineer who leads the team.