Unified Management Platform (UMP) is a flagship product of AVSystem, enabling to manage a huge number of devices using multiple protocols. UMP allows to flexibly configure and upgrade devices, control their parameters, execute programmable workflows, and integrate with client systems. Our multi-server, high-performance telecommunications deployments support from hundreds of thousands to millions of devices.
Scope of responsibilities/tasks:
- Testing new functionalities.
- Writing and maintaining the database of automated and manual test cases.
- Maintaining the tests environment.
- Ensuring product’s ergonomics, simplicity and intuitive functioning.
- Performing regression tests.
- Searching for and reporting bugs.
- Performing re-tests.
- Performing migration tests.
- Checking product documentation.
Typical working day:
- Testing new functionalities, writing automated tests and developing an internal test environment.
- Daily 15 minute stand-up (status)
- At the end of the one-week sprint, a maximum of 3 hours of Scrum meetings (sprint summary, analysis and estimation of tasks for the next sprint).
- Whole team collaboration to achieve a shared sprint goal.
The technologies we use:
Scala, Java 8, MongoDB, Redis, Kafka, Spring, Vaadin, ScalaJS, JGroups, and Docker, Kubernetes and Jenkins in infrastructure part.
...and how do we test - apart from code review, a great deal of unit tests, Selenium, SOAP and performance tests - all running automatically every day. In addition, thanks to our QAs within the team - manual tests, and manual regression tests every two months before each release.
What are we looking for:
- Knowledge about testing (e.g. testing techniques, whitebox, blackbox).
- Basic knowledge of computer networks: (e.g. TCP, HTTP, UDP).
- Basic knowledge of Unix/Linux systems.
- At least intermediate English language skills.
- Attitude: open, willing to learn, independent.
Nice to have:
- Basic skills in Java or Scala programming.
- Knowledge of Selenium Web Driver, Gatling and Page Object Pattern.
- Knowledge of Git.
- Basic knowledge of MongoDB.
- Knowledge of REST/SOAP.
- Knowledge of CWMP, SSH, Telnet, SNMP.
What do we offer:
- Technical challenges and skills improvement:
- High-availability product in a distributed, multi-server architecture that supports millions of devices.
- In-depth, hands-on experience with multiple network protocols and telecommunications domain.
- Internal Scala trainings and in-team product and technology trainings.
- Team and staff:
- Limited staff rotation - team includes senior employees with 3-8 years of experience in the company.
- Company transparency - awareness of the whole process and of what other teams deal with, and how development combines with business.
- Technical autonomy and real impact on the product and process.
- Many career paths and employee development options:
- Technical specialization (programming, internal libraries, training).
- Devops (internal infrastructure, production deployment containerization).
- Project / Product Management and business orientation.
And everything you need to work effectively:
- A competitive salary.
- A relaxed work atmosphere – no dress code, no open space.
- Flexible working hours.
- Trainings and conferences.
- Kitchen full of snacks and treats.
- Car parking area and bike room.